Monday, May 25, 2009

Randomness

We had so many fun little random things go on the last couple of months, but I've been too busy to post on them. So here's the whirlwind update! (Not really in any particular order)


Nate baked his first creation! Smores Brownies. he saw the recipe, decided it sounded good, and made it one night when I wasn't home!

And he was SO proud.

We were able to attend the Draper Utah Temple open house. It was a wonderful experience to be in the temple with my family.I had my first go at stuffed peppers, and I do believe they were a hit! Presentation is the funnest part.
We've spent plenty of weekends with my nephew Trayson. He's our best little buddy.

These were the last two tarts we bought in France, and man, were they divine! A tart and a cream puff of course. Very french. We spent conference weekend in SLC with Nate's family and had a Fuller family Friday O Fun. Nate and Maren in the Planetarium predicting the weather.

For Maren's birthday, Nate decided to take her to the Utah State University Art Museum. (The girl loves art, and is very talented.) This was our favorite display. If you gave the shoes a quarter, they play a song. Highly recommend checkign this one out!

We had our first Frontrunner (the train that goes from North Ogden to SLC) experience. I was super excited to sit on the top, cause it's a double decker. Turns out it's really not that exciting. But convenient!

We attended our annual Jazz game. Nate REALLY loves the Jazz, and we are usually able to go to one live game a season. It's always a good time. Thanks, Stace, for tickets and making my husband so happy!

We had a really fun party in Pleasant Grove for Nate's nephew, Sammy. He turned 2.

The Fuller family watched the 3D Under the Sea movie at the planetarium in SLC. Also a definite recommendation. We loved it, even though it's only about 40 minutes long. :)
And of course it wouldn't be spring without the tortorous Baby Animal days in Cache Valley. I sure hope that chick survived Trayson's turn.My mom and I were in charge of all my nieces and nephews. What a day, what a day. I swear never to return. We're pretty positive the bunny on the end is actually a cat, but don't tell Trayson that.

This is my youngest nephew, Landry. And he's pretty much happy no matter what's going on around him. Thank goodness for Landry.Grandma couldn't handle the reptile house. She made me take the kids to see the snakes. (No one tell her two of her four grandkids held a snake, and loved it!)Here we are on our wagon ride. You can't see Grandma holding her face together behind Trayson's head, but that's how we all remember Grandma for that entire day. It's a very long story, but it's pretty much the main reason I vow to never attend baby animal days again. Watching my mother fall to her death has scarred me for life and I will forever associate it with baby animal days.We all ended up surviving, my mom barely.

So that's our random life for the last couple of months! Nate finished all of his classes and is now working on finishing his research. He plans to defend his thesis at the end of the summer. I'm just working working working. Right now is the busiest time of year for us, and I'm dying trying to keep it all together! So if anyone has any pull with people that travel at the University, I'd really appreciate you to tell them to not travel until August, please. It would really make my life a lot more enjoyable. We are loving the beautiful weather, working in the garden, and enjoying exercising outside. And we've LOVED this three day holiday weekend!

4 comments:

chartie said...

a) I want to try one of those S'mores brownies, or get me the recipe so I can make them myself. They look good!

b) Ditto on the stuffed pepper.

c) Deidra really wants to ride the Frontrunner, so she'll be jealous that you guys did it (even if it wasn't as exciting as you were hoping it would be).

Kym said...

So I think we need to get together just so I can have some of Nate's S'mores brownies. YUM! YUM! I think you're stuffed peppers look delicious and what a fun thing to cook. I, like you, love the presentation part of cooking. And we need to get together just to have fun. And I'm jealous that you got to ride the frontrunner train. I guess if I ever get the chance to go I won't get my hopes up. Oh yeah, and did I mention that I think we need to hang out?? LOL :)

Colette said...

Hi, Colette here, Uncle Neil's daughter, you can ask Nate why my blog name is "That Darn". Anyway, I am first of all curious as to the job search in the Seattle area -- has that one company shown any interest? Second, I think in the planetarium picture of Maren and Nate doing the weather, I think someone is flipping the bird in the corner. Am I right?

Caranna said...

Mmmm I haven't made stuffed peppers in a long time... that sounds good!

The mobile with the wooden shoes looks awesome!
I'd love to go to a live Jazz game, my parents do that pretty often, but I've never been.

You have officially scared me away from ever attending the baby animal days in Cache Valley!