Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Annual Pie Night Extravaganza

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Pie Night. We were so happy to enjoy our Pie Night here in Cali with new friends and make it feel a little more like the holidays (70 degrees just isn't helping me get in the mood). We loved having a house full of people, and felt that the night was a definite success. I always mean to take pictures during the actual event, and this night, I even made my way to my camera about 3 times, but it just never seems to be able to happen. But I do always remember after. We had LOADS of pie leftover:

Fortunately, there are lots of hungry men at Nate's work, and I'm hoping he'll come home today empty-handed. Tomorrow we will be spending Thanksgiving with some other family-less souls here in the desert. :) Nonetheless, we are excited.
Nate finished the infamous dining room table JUST IN TIME for pie night. It is Beautiful, with a capital B:
The pictures I took just can't even begin to do it justice, but it is a gorgeous cherry color and I absolutely love it. And I LOVE getting to eat dinner at a table! The couch is getting harder and harder to get off of these days.
This next picture is for my sister, who nearly cried she was laughing so hard when I told her I was attempting to hang curtains with an extension cord and duct tape. I was pretty pleased with the result, considering I used an extension cord and duct tape:
The curtain rod I ordered online was supposed to have been here before pie night. Monday afternoon, it still hadn't arrived, and I really wanted to hang my curtain! So I got creative.
We saw the Dr yesterday and, surprise, surprise, the baby is HUGE, but apparently very comfortable and not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. According to the measurements, which really are just guesstimates anyways, he weighs 7 lbs 10 oz, his femur is the length of a baby's at 40 weeks 5 days (so he's very long), and his head and stomach diameters put him at gestational age of 38 weeks 5 days. But we are only at 37 1/2 weeks. So technically, the baby is full term and COULD come anytime. Do I think he will? Not at all, not after the visit with the Dr yesterday. He told us most of his tall ladies usually go all the way to their due date and then some, because the baby has enough room. Curse you torso. We have to speak in church this Sunday (20 mins each!) and I'm secretly hoping the stress will put me into labor. :) As long as everything is ok with the baby, of course.

5 comments:

Isaac said...

I am so sad I missed pie night! I'm glad you are continuing the tradition though. Also, please tape record your talks just in case you do go into labor- that would be just too good to miss (even if it was just audio)!

Rob and Mare said...

Hahaha an extension cord? Hahaha, oh Sara I miss you!It was so good to talk to you the other day. That needs to happen more often. Good luck on your talk!
And duct tape. Hah!

Jenni said...

I think I will go and eat some pie.

Zack said...

Oh man! I guess you won't be needing any newborn-sized clothes! Also, nice job on the table nathan!

The Higbees said...

Hey Sara and Nate! It's amanda, Shawn Higbee's wife. I came across your blog on the Bell's blog. We're so glad to hear the pregnancy is going well. Sara, you look so cute pregnant! Hopefully things keep going well for you!