Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hey, Monkey

I don't know why it took us so long to decide on a name for our child. He is rarely ever called Evan. According to my sisters and and 5 year old nephew (who apparently spends too much time with my sisters), he is Elf. Every now and then, I put actual clothes on him, instead of just pajamas. On those days, he is Little Man or Munchkin.

On this particular day, he was Bear Bum. (Clever, huh?)When we gave him a bath the other night, and saw him without all of his clothes on, we were reminded just how dang skinny he is! For that time being, he was our scrawny alien.
I managed to put his teeny tiny hair into a mohawk as it was wet. Too fun.
He didn't so much love the idea of bathing, but he definitely loved being all cuddled up in his big towel that Grandma made.
We also lovingly refer to him as Milk Breath, One-eyed Jack, Fussy Gus, Cuddle Bug, Big Eyes, and sometimes, The Little Rat (by his father only), which always makes me laugh out loud. Poor kid.
Won't you come and play with me?

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Haha, I love the crossed eyes! I miss Lucy doing that. I love all the nicknames too, I think Milk Breath is my favorite. Keep those cute pictures coming!!! He is one stylin little dude!

Trey said...

he is cross-eyed more than any other child i know. i'm pretty sure it is from his father's side...

n8'swife said...

More pictures!! He's a cutie!

Steph and Brady said...

Oh he is so cute! I can't believe how skinny he is! I love all of the pictures! Isn't is funny all of the names we can come up with for our kids?

hilary said...

how fun! he is too cute and yes, very skinny!! love all the names. little rat has got to be the funniest!

Ben Heard said...

Oh, I'm so happy for y'all! Babies are fantastic, even more so when they're not screaming at 1:30am! Isn't it weird to think he's lived his whole life in California? I still can't get used to the fact that Abigail is from West Texas. :)

racheebabe said...

You weren't kidding when you said he was skinny! I felt those little chicken legs, but wow! It is so cute! Tall and skinny, maybe he'll be a basketball player!

Rob and Mare said...

Haha! Sara I NEED him. You HAVE to come visit like you were hoping to. I will spoil him rotten:) Speaking of, I still havent mailed off his gift. He is so dang cute!
PS I looooove the towells your mom made me. Love them! They are perfect!

Karlee and Micah said...

He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him. Love all the names :)

Megan said...

We didn't name Evan until they were kicking us out of the hospital either. lol. He is so cute. I hope chunking him up is going well. Do they have any ideas why he is having a hard time gaining weight. Either way he is pretty cute little guy. I love all the nick names :)

Kym said...

Yes!! I will come play with you, one day. :) He does look so skinny and tall, but he wouldn't be your(as in you and Nate) if he wasn't. And, don't ya just love babies in their pajamas?!?!? I LOVE IT!!!! And Nate is such a natural daddy. Now I wanna see more picture of him with his mommy. :) Glad to see that things are going well!

Tosha said...

I LOVE the scrawny alien picture. Hilarious! He is seriously so cute. When are you guys coming to visit your families? I really really want to hold this little one!