Friday, December 3, 2010

Family Outings

 Let's just begin with this stinking cute little bugger.
 He had spaghetti for the first time and was pretty darn proud of himself.

The week of Thanksgiving brought a bounteous amount of family for me. It was the best!!! I started the week traveling to my cousin's wedding in Vegas. It was wonderful to be in the temple, with family, and witness a ceremony. All things that haven't happened for me in quite awhile!!
 Cute Gabel and his lovely wife Breezy coming out of the temple.
 My Dave Taggart fam. I haven't seen these guys since I moved to Ridgecrest. It was so great to catch up and introduce them to Evan. It was also my first time to the Vegas temple; it was beautiful! I'm a fan.
 Breezy's stunning dress.
 Next up came Annual Pie Night!! As always, I only get pics of the aftermath. This year was a grand success, if I do say so myself. I had so much fun and tried a whole lot of new pies! After Evan accepted all of the people and the noise in his quiet little house, he had a blast trying lots of pies, too. In fact, I think he gathering crumbs off the table here :)
 I got to pick up Stacey in Vegas and bring her back to Ridgecrest with me! It was a blast having her be our nanny for a whole week!;)
 If that didn't already fill my family quota for the quarter, my other sister recently moved to SoCal, so we got to travel to her house for Thanksgiving!!!! We were thrilled, as you can tell!
 The feast was immaculate. Jenni is such a fabulous host. The food was dynamite, and everything was so fancy! It was so fun to have so much family together for this holiday. I don't think I realize how much I miss this kind of stuff until I get to partake in it again!
 Evan was so excited about his first Thanksgiving! He eats like a horse, so this is his kind of holiday.
 Our favorite part was the mirrored ceiling in the dining room. Can you see Evan waving in the mirror? He got a kick out of that.
 And you can't forget the olives! Another first for him, and of course, he loved it. Who doesn't?!
 Much more elaborate and beautiful than anything we could have pulled together back in The Ridge (ie, Ridgecrest)
 This beautiful little lake is in Jenni's neighborhood, and it was a perfect way to keep our metabolism going after all that triptophan.
 Those of us not sleeping away our day (ahem, the husbands...)
 Such a handsome little devil.
 Evan LOVES swings. And Landry really loved pushing Evan in the swing, so it was a win-win for everyone!! (I know the pics are weird, but it was dusk, and I was trying different settings, etc)
 SO very happy. He is so easily pleased.
 We sadly had to leave Jenni's to attend to some things back in RC, but we made up for it by visiting the wild burros! I can't believe we have never done this before. It was a huge hit.
 See? HUGE hit.
 We all had a blast and definitely will return.
 He truly is my little ray of sunshine...
 I actually thought these guys were pretty darn cute. They looked so fuzzy and cuddly! Until they Hee-Haw. Then, not so cute.
 More swinging of course!
 Aunt Stacey is so good to Evan.
 This was basically the best week of his life. Pretty sure.
We ended the week decorating for Christmas, of course!! My mom sent Evan this adorable shirt, "Elf in Training". He is a very good little elf, and has yet to pull off any ornaments from the tree!

4 comments:

Deidra said...

Hooray for temples, family visits, family living in the same state, pie night, and lots of good food. Sounds like life was great to the Fullers last month!

(Are you going to be in UT for Christmas? Email me if you are, in hopes we could coordinate a quick visit!)

Kim said...

Cute pictures! What a fun family week!

Allison said...

I'm jealous you got to go to Gabel's wedding. I wanted to go. I'm glad to hear that so many people made the effort to be there. And your family really is the best! I'm glad you had so much fun. Can't wait to meet Evan myself at Christmas (we planned the Christmas party at Gabel's reception here)- talk about mult-tasking! :)

Jamie said...

Miss all you guys...looks like you had a great time.