Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This one's for you, Stacey

We enjoyed our first weekend here in Virginie. Friday night we went exploring to the Dulles Town Center; it is a shopping center near our house and it is about 6 times bigger than the cache valley mall. It was really fun, and everyone says thats the smallest shopping center around here! So I'm really excited to find these other ones...

We also ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries that night. Its a fabulous burger joint-best burger I've ever had, by far. They are all over the place out here in the east, and I guess there are some in California as well. The really funny part is that they ship their potatoes in fom Idaho for their fries and so it's a big deal to have fresh Idaho potatoes! Our favorite was that they post a sign every day that says where in idaho the potatoes are from. It was pretty fun.
Saturday we went to our niece's final soccer game. We had a ball. It doesn't get better than a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds running around in circles.
Sadie is the best scorer on the team. This is right before she made her first goal of the game.

After the game, we went to the Old Town Warrenton spring festival with Nate's sister and her family. Most every town out here has an "Old Town". They have kept up all of these old homes and shops and eaterys. I love the Old Towns! It feels like a totally different world. THe spring festival was a bunch of street vendors and performers and stuff all along the main street. And the rain even managed to hold off for a beautiful afternoon outside for us!

I started back to working this week. There is a Curves super close to my house and they are in dire need of some help. I was hired on as their general manager and am basically doing everything, starting from square one with the employees. THe owner just recently acquired another Curves about an hour away, so she is constantly down there trying to get things together, but in the meantime has left the sterling curves completely falling apart. So I definitely have my work cut out for me, but I'm being paid more than double what I was making at home, so I guess it'll be worth it :) I have a pretty sweet schedule and it basically is just keeping me busy while Nate is at work, and then we get homoe about the same time and play! I think it will work out to be a great summer; I may change my mind after a week back at Curves. I must say- TO ALL MY CACHE VALLEY CURVES LADIES: you have no idea how good you have it out there! Be greatful to be a part of the cache valley curves! They are run SO well, and you have incredible employees. As I mentioned before, I have a lot of work to do here to help this club even become a fraction of what cache valley is. It's been a great awakening!!!!

Nate REALLY is loving his job. He love his boss, the project he's working on, and he's making friends. There is a gym there, so he gets to exercise after work. He's already put in a little over 2 hours of overtime this week and it's ony tuesday! Wow!
Thanks for commenting on these silly thoughts I post; it makes my day to hear voices from Utah! (Ive recently become very attached and proud of my state! Things are starting to hit me that we are not just on a vacation for a little while-we LIVE in virginia! It's all very surreal)

7 comments:

chartie said...

Awesome! I am so jealous and excited to come join you in the area in a couple of week. Mmmmm, Five Guys . . . my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I'm glad that everything is working out so well for you guys. See you soon!

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad that things are working out for you guys! And I know that you can fix that Curves up in a heartbeat! I miss you, and I'm so happy that you started this blog! It brings a smile to my face to hear about your adventures! Talk to you soon,
Brandy

Zack said...

You're so cute! Really though, is that burger place better than in-n-out? I doubt it. Also, I forgot to tell you that we bought spider-man binkies at universal studios for whenever we decide to have a child. (Boy or girl, it will suck on spider-man.) Cute huh? I knew you would appreciate it!

Rob and Mare said...

Congrats on the job! They are VERY lucky to have you. I bet the Curves in Logan doesn't know what to do without you now (just like everyone else here in Utah!!)Yes, I'm still a little bitter you're gone if you can't tell.

And you just tell me the day you need me to come get you and I'm there. What in the heck are your wisdom teeth doing to you again? Can you open your mouth? Not cool.

I LOVE that you have a blog Sar! It makes me so happy. And with my whole camping/spatula incident, you know I'll make a fool of myself for you anytime!:) (so no need to be jealous)

Anonymous said...

So I get a whole blog dedicated to me and only get one lousy picture? Of a bunch of kids that I don't even know? As Trayson would say, "Are you kidding me?"

Jenni said...

Hope the good times keep rollin!

Anonymous said...

It will be an unforgettable summer, and thanks for sharing it Your writing is so YOU. Your excitement and happiness is very obvious, so that makes us happy. Betty & Paulbetty150